søndag 24. juni 2012

Charles Bukowski sitatfest






yes you cannot help being a
woman. we are each selected to be
something. the spider, the cook.
the elephant. it is as if we were each
a painting and hung on some
gallery wall.
Fra diktet "sleeping woman"









I don't know, he said,
I think I'm going
to kill myself

it doesn't matter, I said,
it's going to happen
anyhow
Fra diktet "a drawer of fish"






and the frogs of my minds lined up and
jumped over death (for a little while)
Fra diktet ":  :  : the days run away like wild horses over the hills"


and the rest of the night was fairly dull,
no fist fights, too old to tango, tiger asleep in the shade,
Også fra diktet ":  :  : the days run away like wild horses over the hills"





Det beste sitatet av alle diktene i boka "The days run away like wild horses over the hills":
Allen: I want to write
                                ENOUGH POEMS
                                                               so that when I die

all the shit will be out of me, I mean the guff, the nonsense,
the turds yes, ah I mean —that I have expressed enough
ENOUGH you see to
                                 free me.






what's poetry? nobody knows. it changes. it works by itself
like a snail crawling up the side of the house. oh, that's a big
squashy thing that goes all gooey and slimy when you
         step on
it.
Fra diktet "kaakaa & other immolations".



Alle diktene og sitatene er hentet fra diktsamlingen The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over The Hills.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Trivsel!

SAMLESNING: PIRANESI AV SUSANNA CLARKE